Holi is considered as one of the most celebrated festivals of India and it is celebrated in almost every part of the country. It is also sometimes called as the “festival of love” as on this day people get to unite together forgetting all resentments and all types of bad feeling towards each other. The vibrancy of colors is something that brings in a lot of positivity in our lives and Holi being the festival of colours is actually a day worth rejoicing. Holi is almost everyone’s favourite. From kids to oldies, male to female and other gender everyone likes to play holi. This festival is so colourful that even if someone isn’t playing they still get happy by just seeing the colours everywhere around.
Colours are the soul of Holi which makes everyone love this festival but we tend to forget that these toxic colours can damage our skin and hair so much. Don’t worry I have got you covered with these amazing holi tip and tricks that I am sharing below which I myself use every year and these have helped me so much in enjoying holi without any worry. Hopefully these will workout for you as well.
Before you start reading further just remember your responsibility towards animals and nature. Holi is for humans only and not for animals. Be responsible and enjoy. Keep colours away from animals and if you see anyone else throwing colours on any animal you need to stop them and protect these beautiful souls. Have a cruelty free Holi.
Listed below are some amazing holi tips which may be extremely useful for everyone to have a safe holi.
- Oil your hair with warm coconut oil or olive oil. If you have dandruff add 8-10 drops of lemon in the oil and apply the mixture to your hair and specially in the roots.
- Do the oiling part a night before holi so that it nourishes your hair and makes them strong to fight against the harsh chemical colours. In case if you forget to oil your hair the night before do the oiling at least 25-30 minutes prior playing holi.
- You can also apply this oil all over your body including your elbows, feet and hands.
- I would advise you not to play holi in open hair instead tie your hair in a braid this will prevent the colours from reaching your hair roots and damaging them and causing any dryness and hair fall.
- Use a generous amount of moisturizer with sunscreen all over your body. Make sure the moisturizer has SPF as you don’t want to get your body tanned. Apply the moisturizer properly and equally on all your body parts. Don’t forget you ear lobes, backside of the ears and your neck.
- Don’t get threading, facials, waxing or any any skin treatment done 2-3 days before holi as the colours might cause irritation.
- Try to wash your face as many times as you can. This will prevent the colours from sitting on your face and causing any damages.
- If you have a pimple or acne prone skin do not rub your face to remove the colours.
- Carry a mixture of aloe vera gel and rose water in a spray bottle or wet face wipes. You can use this spray if you feel any irritation from the colours.
LIPS, EYES AND NAILS
- Apply a good amount of lip balm on your lips before playing holi.
- If you wear lenses strictly avoid wearing them during your holi party as any colour or even water if enters you eyes it might be very dangerous as it may cause irritation, itching or even eye infection.
- If you wear glasses be careful of surprisingly coming hands full of colours as they can hurt you.
- Protect your nails by applying a good quality nail colour on them as this will give them a protective coat and your nails won’t look ugly after playing holi.
- Wear cotton clothes instead of nylon or denim as a bucket full of water can make the denim heavy and nylon clothes stick to your body.
- I would suggest wearing dark clothes instead of white as a bucket full of water makes a white shirt or t-shirt go see through.
- If you are one of those who feels holi isn’t holi if not play in white clothes then I would suggest wearing a dark colour tank inside your white shirt or t-shirt.
- Try to choose clothes which covers maximum parts of your body as it will save you from harmful colours.
- Drink lots of water before starting with your holi party. This will keep your body and skin hydrated.
- Carry your own drinking water with you.
- Please do not use detergent soaps on your skin to remove the colours.
- Do not rub your skin harsly.
- Use aloe vera soap or your preferred soap for your skin and a suitable shampoo for your hair.
- Wash your hair and body gently with lukewarm water.
- Apply a body lotion or body milk on your body after bath. This will nourish your skin and will get rid of the dryness caused to your skin by the colours.
- Applying a mixture of besan (chickpeas) curd and haldi (turmeric) is also very beneficial to cure the damage done to your facial skin.
Hope you guys like this article. Let me know your thoughts in the comment section. For anyone questions don’t hesitate to contact me. You can subscribe up if you would love to know about upcoming article. Till then, wish you and your loved ones a very happy, safe and cutely free Holi. Be responsible and enjoy and let others enjoy. Meet you soon with a very new article.
You can easily find me and follow me on social media platforms by clicking on the icons shown below.